Monday, July 16, 2012

You Are Now Driving 88

By Gary Lee

I would be a liar if I told you I've been listening to this artist for awhile but I'm not that kind of journalist. Before I wrote this, I downloaded Driving 88, after hearing that Chicago up and coming rapper Rockie Fresh had signed with Rick Ross's MMG. By Track 7, I was a big fan already. Ross made a good decision to sign the young rapper.

Rockie

Personally, I thought the next rapper to sign with Ross would be West Coast rappers Nipsey Hussle or Dom Kennedy, but before I even finished "Driving 88" I saw why Rockie was the next up. The Chicago rap game is blowing up these days with Chief Keef getting a co-sign from Kanye West, another Chicago rapper and King Louie getting signed to Epic Records it was only right for Ross to cash in on the windy city hype and jump on this opportunity. I've heard of Rockie awhile ago but never got around to downloading his music and now I see he has crazy bars. As a journalist, I can't wait to see what the future holds for Rockie but for now all I have to say is Welcome to the #PowerCircle Rockie.

The Boss, Rockie

Download Driving 88
#FLIGHT



No comments:

Post a Comment