Monday, March 25, 2013

The Hottest To Ever Do It And The Hottest Doing it, Jay-z And Kendrick Lamar

By Gary Lee




The picture above speaks a thousand words, A picture that shows us what it would look like if a living legend like Michael Jordan was to be in the same game with one of the best that's doing it today, Kobe Bryant. At first glance you can see the look of wisdom on Jordan's face and the willingness to learn on Bryant's. If you were to convert this picture to the hip-hop world these athletes would be the greatest of all time Jay-Z and the best out today, Kendrick Lamar. That's why this picture is perfect for the B*tch' Don't Kill My Vibe Remix featuring none other than Hov himself.





Kendrick Lamar has really taken off in the hip-hop industry, I feel he's a rapper for the people, not rapping for the fame but to put his thoughts in our ears and inspire, and what better way to do it with than the god Mc, Jay-Z.




Kendrick open's the remix with the same lines from the original but then reminds us that his album went gold in a week with a Trinidad James metaphor and now its platinum:
"Look inside of my soul and you can find gold and maybe get rich, hol' up Trinidad Jame$ in four weeks But now my album platinum and shit"

Kendrick goes on to slay the Sounwave produced beat as he did in the original and other songs like Hol' Up and Micheal Jordan.

Jay-z comes in after a smooth hook and shows us why he is considered one of the best, rapping the lines:

"Up in the clouds, me and my spouse Rumors on the ground gettin' too loud Please turn them shits down, can't hear myself think Turbulence, shit, almost spilled my drink In the White House with a mink Running through that bitch like it's my house All up in the hall like a mall Told you motherfuckers, all I do is ball"
This beat has a warm feel to it and Jay-z did it justice with his cold lyrics and says he doesn't know how many years he has left but until he dies he will be the best, he ends his verse with a warning:

 "Don't waste my breath I don't know how many moons a nigga got left Back to this joint, smokin' this shit like I'm tryna' prove a point I'm the highest, the highest title, numero uno Kill my vibe, that's your motherf*ckin' funeral"




This is arguably the best Jay-Z feature in recent years, his 3 Kings verse would have to come next. But Kendrick has done something that is rare, which is have a better verse than Jay-Z on a track. He took the song back in the third verse and at one point you can hear the voice of Compton in Kendrick's words

"So many washed up with detergent But I don't dry tears, I just aim at them on purpose Like bluck, Mini-14 like bluck Empty out another magazine like bluck Hit a young nigga, get back I kill 'em all when they try to kill my vibe"

  and truly kills the song and firmly plants his foot through the door's of rap greatness by saying 
" I am the bad, the good God, the last the hood got The last that would try to pass a good job If Shawn's a black Beatle then I need a 10 second drum solo Bitch see you at Woodstock"

If Jay-Z was a black Beatle, Kendrick would be one as well. Kendrick has really given the rap game new life, being named the hottest MC in the game, having a classic album and a Jay-Z feature, I cant help but wait until the next track to come from Kendrick.




While in a New York studio listening to ScHoolboy Q's new album Kendrick was surprised by Top Dawg, CEO of TDE with Jay-Z's verse.You can watch the video below:            


Dont be afraid to leave your comments below, Do you like the Jay-z feature? Would you rather see someone else on the remix? Let us know!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely think you have very valid points Gary. Kendrick really does rap about shit relevant to the people; and not ratchet bullshit that we hear today on the radio!! Excellent read for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete